Looking for San Diego Physical Therapy Treatment?
In the physically demanding environment of San Diego, it can be difficult to stay healthy and fit. We are experts in the knowledge of anatomy, physiology and the biomechanics of the body.Our San Diego Physical Therapy department is comprised of licensed professionals with extensive knowledge and training in anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body. They know how to help you get out of pain and back in action. Our therapists use a hands-on approach in conjunction with specific modalities as needed.
The most commonly used therapeutic procedures/modalities are:
- Manual (hands-on) Therapy: Consists of myofascial release techniques, stretching of restricted structures and specific strengthening of weak muscles, soft tissue and joint mobilization/ manipulation, muscle energy and Mulligan techniques. They help restore your back, neck, or other painful areas to the youthful pain-free resilience.
- Pain Management: Use of moist heat, cryotherapy, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, intersegmental traction, and massage.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Customized for each condition including strengthening, stabilizing, and stretching restricted structures to restore normal pain-free range of motion. The exercises improve movement and proper muscle balance.
- Postural Corrections: This addresses behavior modification, postural exercise, and self-awareness. We concentrate on correcting musculoskeletal derangements.
- Home Management Program: A short and detailed home exercise program corresponding to the appropriate stage of condition, including the do's and don'ts of self-management.
At San Diego Spine & Rehab, our San Diego Physical Therapy department treats common problems and conditions ranging from sprains and strains, to headaches, back disorders, sports injuries and sports medicine, tendonitis and spinal conditions (such as scoliosis, spinal stenosis, herniated discs of the cervical spine) or lower back (lumbar spine), post-operative surgery, sciatica and acute and chronic pain.
We also treat most orthopedic conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, chondromalacia patella, meniscus/ ligament injuries, fractures, gait abnormalities, cervical and lumbar radiculapathy (pain that travels to either the arms or legs), adhesive capsulitis, rotator cuff tear, and reflex dystrophy.
We have a board certified medical physician on our staff in San Diego and offer Chiropractic services from our board certified chiropractors. While receiving treatment from the San Diego physical therapy team, you will be instructed on how to use your body properly to gain strength and mobility to prevent recurring injuries. The San Diego Physical Therapists work closely with our Medical doctor, your referring physician, and other members (chiropractic, medical massage) of our health care team.
Our San Diego physical therapists and therapeutic rehab team are not just knowledgeable in anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body, but they are dedicated licensed professionals highly trained to deal with people who are experiencing a variety of physical complaints, including neck, mid and low back pain, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, arthritis, and painful accidents, in addition to pain that radiates to the arms and legs. Call us today at either of our two convenient locations Mission Valley or Oceanside.